Saving for Retirement in Your 50s
You're probably feeling like you have changed some gears in your life, or that you need to change gears. By the time you're in your fifties, you should be cruising with a balance of investment in real estate and other investment vehicles - shares, mutual funds, etc. Your retirement nest egg should be shaping up nicely with ten or so years to go.
There are a few things that you may have on your mind -
- becoming mortgage and debt free
- tax planning
- investment planning
- taking a management role in your career
- accelerating your retirement savings
- a change in your career
- buying a second home or cottage
- buying a boat or R.V.
- your kids tuition
- helping your kids get started with their first home
- estate planning
Taking control of these items in your 50s, improves your chances of steering your worth through until your retirement.
Authored by Julian Houlding